Sixteen Backus physicians named to statewide Top Docs list
April 1, 2011
NORWICH – Sixteen physicians on the Backus Hospital Medical Staff have been named to Connecticut Magazine’s annual listing of “top doctors” in the state.
The listing is in the April issue of the magazine.
Selections are based on questionnaires the magazine sent to doctors across the state, asking them to recommend a physician to whom they’d send a loved one. The top vote-getters make the list.
- Tom Bell, MD, General Surgery (now retired)
- Sergio Casillas, MD, Colorectal Surgery
- David Coletti, MD, General Surgery
- Franklin Friedman, MD, Urology
- Laurentiu Galan, MD, Pediatrics
- Jeffrey Hertz, MD, Ophthalmology
- Mahesh Kabadi, MD, Internal Medicine
- Robert Levin, MD, Rheumatology
- Tarik Kardestuncer, MD, Orthopedic Surgery
- Joseph O’Keefe, MD, Physical Medicine
- John Pagnozzi, MD, Colorectal Surgery
- Steven Powell, MD, Pulmonary Medicine
- Anis Racy, MD, Neurology
- Donna Romito, DO, Pulmonary Medicine
- Camille Salame, MD, Neurosurgery
- Mark Tousignant,MD, Bariatric Medicine