Backus wins 11 communications awards
May 17, 2011
Backus Hospital won 11 awards from the New England Society for Healthcare Communications at the annual conference in New Hampshire Tuesday.
Backus won three gold Lamplighter awards, four silver awards and four awards of excellence. The awards recognize the best communications of all healthcare organizations in New England.
The awards, all produced in house by the Backus Communications Department, were:
- Gold: Online annual report.
- Gold: Excellence in Writing for hospital advocacy efforts.
- Gold: Logo design for online educational resources.
- Silver: Advertising total campaign for surgical excellence at Backus.
- Silver: Outreach and advocacy for concussion and youth sports.
- Silver: External publications for Healthy Connections, the hospital’s monthly consumer health magazine.
- Silver: Strategic communications for weekly management updates.
- Award of Excellence: Dave’s Desk, a weekly column in the hospital’s employee newsletter by the Backus President and Chief Executive Officer.
- Award of Excellence: Internal employee communications.
- Award of Excellence: 2010 Annual Meeting presentation.
- Award of Excellence: HealthE*Connections, the hospital’s monthly e-newsletter.
“We know the importance of reaching out to our community and our staff in every way possible,” said Shawn Mawhiney, Director of Communications. “Our hospital has great stories to share, and we strive to tell them in the most creative and innovative ways.”