Have fun learning about summer safety
June 16, 2011
NORWICH – Learning how to stay safe can be fun at The William W. Backus Hospital’s annual Safety Camp on Saturday, June 18, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the parking lot outside the Backus Medical Office Building.
Whether kids are crawling through the fire safety trailer or checking out fire trucks and ambulances, they can learn about injury prevention and what to do in an emergency through interactive activities geared towards children of all ages, from toddlers to teens.
Highlights of the event include.
- Tours of LIFE STAR medical helicopter.
- Free bicycle helmets are fitted and given to children, along with bicycle safety tips.
- Smokey the Bear
- The state police convincer and rollover simulator
- Booths featuring a variety of summer safety information and interactive activities
- Face painting, free food and refreshments.
This is the seventh year Backus Hospital has hosted Safety Camp. The program is free and registration is not required. For more information, contact Gillian Mosier at 860-889-8331 ext. 3220.