Super Bowl Nachos
January 15, 2013
Backus Diabetes Management Center Dietitian Wendy Kane kicks off a series of healthy recipes to make sure you score a touchdown with your Super Bowl party.
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine beans; spread in an 8-inch square baking dish. Spread sour cream over beans; top with salsa and cheese. Cover; bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Note: To make pita chips, cut 5 (6-inch) onion-flavored or regular pitas into 8 wedges each. Arrange on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat tops of wedges with cooking spray, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake at 375º for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.