Backus Online is Backus Hospital’s secure network for affiliated physicians and select employees. It is a web-based portal which allows access Backus systems from home or office.
If you have any questions or concerns, here is contact info:
Management Information Systems Help Desk
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Windows-based PC or laptop
- High Speed Internet Access (DSL or Cable Modem)
- P4 2.4 GHz Processor or equivalent
- 1 GB RAM
- A Monitor that comfortably supports 1024×768 resolution
Minimum Software Requirements
- Windows XP SP3 and the most recent security updates
- Internet Explorer 7.0
- Current antivirus software
- User rights to download and install applets
- .NET framework 2.0 or higher
- TCP outbound ports: 80, 443, 1494.
- Popup Blockers
Most third party search and toolbars (like the Yahoo and Google Search Bars) contain popup blockers. Popup blockers disrupt Backus Online by not allowing the portal to launch the application you choose. These must be disabled for the Backus Online site. Documentation is available for this upon request.
- Security Suites (Zone Alarm and others)
Some Security Suites block Backus Online from making the necessary registry and user setting changes required for Backus Online to work correctly. These should be disabled before attempting to use Backus Online for the first time.
- Backus Online is a web based product that can be used on a wide range of platforms and network environments. There are many things that can affect how this product works in your computing environment. We will do everything we can to assist you with configuring your computers to use this product. However, the responsibility to support your computers is not ours. Thus, we can make no guarantee that Backus Online will work for all users all the time.