The purpose of the Care Management team is to make Discharge Planning and Social Services available to patients, their families and significant others to enable them to deal with the impact of illness on individual and family functioning, and to achieve maximum benefits from health care services.
A Nurse Care Manager and Social Worker are available Monday through Saturday during regular business hours – 8 am to 4:30 pm.
Care Management functions include:
- Screening of all patients admitted to the Hospital
- Identification of patients with potential need for continued care upon discharge
- Assessment of patient needs
- Coordination of post Hospital care and service including extended care facilities and visiting nurse services
- Referral to resources most appropriate to meet the needs of patients
- Assistance with patient’s financial concerns
- Assistance with transportation, clothing and housing
- Information regarding community resources
- Employee Assistance Program
- Emotional counseling
- In-service training
There is no charge to the patient for Care Management services.
Backus Hospital provides a number of physical therapy options for patients.
These include cardiac rehabilitation, outpatient pulmonary rehabilitation, cardiopulmonary rehabilitation, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech/language pathology as well as other rehabilitation services.