While the Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute at Backus Hospital has a new name, it has the same trusted team of physicians who have been providing care to the Eastern Connecticut community for decades.
The experts at Eastern Connecticut Hematology and Oncology provide personalized, coordinated and compassionate care – close to home for patients.
And because of our Cancer Institute’s charter membership in the prestigious Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance, cancer patients at Backus are treated according to MSK’s world-class standard of care, and have access to MSK clinical trials.
Backus also offers cancer patients and their loved ones:
- Nationally accredited breast center and comprehensive community hospital cancer center
- The latest radiation therapy and chemotherapy technology
- Compassionate and comprehensive patient navigation services
- Highly trained surgeons
- Oncology-certified nurses
- The latest clinical trials
- Genetic counseling
- Nutritional counseling
- Support groups and survivorship programs Alternative therapies, including massage and yoga
- The Backus Boutique, offering education and items to help cancer patients look and feel their best.
Learn more in our Oncology Services Brochure (PDF)
A year of growth. Building on a forged alliance, clinical trials, new cancer center and more
Backus Names New Oncology Nurse Navigator
Jessica Vanase, RN, has been caring for cancer patients for more than eight years. For her, it’s more than a job, it’s a passion.