The beat goes on: Top notch cardiac care close to home
If you’re a cardiology patient facing a battery of tests and procedures – like EKG, stress tests or even diagnostic catheterization – comfort and convenience is important. Backus Hospital offers world-class clinicians and state-of-the-art technology for comprehensive cardiac care including heart function screening and other studies, as well as oversight and administration of drugs and other therapies to improve heart function.
Easy transitions to Hartford Hospital advanced care
Backus patients can receive advanced care – such as bypass and transplant – at Hartford Hospital. Emergent transfers can occur in less than an hour via LIFE STAR, which is stationed at Backus.
Diagnostic testing available
- Transthoracic, Transesophageal
- Holter and 30-day event monitoring
- Stress testing
- Plain ETT, Stress nuclear, Stress Echo Pharmacologic stress testing
- Vascular Testing Arterial
- Vascular testing for PVD, Venous testing, CT Angiography
- Pacemaker Insertion and follow-up care
- Full outpatient device clinic
- Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac CT
- Invasive Vascular Testing and Treatment
- Vascular service to be launched to provide comprehensive evaluation; invasive and non-invasive testing; and determination of the best mode of therapy for the patient. The possible options include medical therapy and exercise; peripheral stenting and surgical intervention.
- Out-patient and In-patient Electrophysiology program
- Outpatient and in-patient advanced heart failure programs
- Pacemaker and ICD (debrillator) insertion and follow-up care
- Outpatient Infusion Clinic
Learn more in our Cardiology Services Brochure (PDF)