Departments & Services
Backus offers a wide array of cardiac services, including a cardiac catheterization lab; echocardiograms; stress testing; nuclear cardiology; electrophysiology; defibrillator placements; pacemaker procedures; research and a cardiac rehabilitation center.
E-4 cardiology inpatient unit
Our cardiology floor allows for close monitoring of cardiac patients because of its special technology, safety and design features.
- The majority of the 22 rooms are private, with the flexibility to make them semi-private rooms when needed.
- Comfortable, private space is available for family meetings and patient/family education.
- A computerized telemetry system enabling staff to continuously monitor the condition of all patients, allowing the unit to serve a wide range of clinical diagnoses.
- Computers at the bedside.
- Much larger, private bathrooms with showers.
- A centrally located nursing station will provide for good visibility and prompt access to all patient rooms, further facilitating communication between caregivers, patients and families.
- A second nursing center with direct access to a cluster of patient rooms for the activation of satellite special care areas, if needed, due to shifting patient volume and clinical needs.
Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services
Patients use these services after a cardiac or pulmonary surgery as part of their rehabilitation and therapy. Exercise includes computerized monitoring to carefully increase fitness after an operation.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Phase II
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 45 minute sessions from 6am until 2pm
Cardiac Rehabilitation Phase III
Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 1 hour sessions at 2:30, 3:30,4:30 and 5:30
Tuesdays and Thursdays 90 minute sessions at 8am, 9:30am, and 12pm
Pulmonary Maintenance Program
Tuesdays 75 minute sessions at 2pm and 3pm