Resources & Tools
We value the benfit of visitation, both for our patients and their loved ones. Immediate family members (parents, spouse or significant other, siblings and adult children) are encouraged to visit. Because critical care patients have special medical needs, we ask that you respect the following guidelines, which help provide the restful and intensive care for patients.
- Visiting Hours: Open visiting (with the exception of 7 -9 a.m. and 3-5 p.m.)
- Please limit visitors to no more than two at a time.
- Please make visits brief, so patients have ample time to rest.
- Friends should check with family for updates on the patient’s status. *To respect the confidentiality of all our patients, we can only disclose the overall condition of the patient on the phone.
- We are happy to provide a waiting room with chairs, couches, a TV, courtesy phone, Wi-Fi accessibility and a nearby restroom.
- Please note, this room is not for overnight stays. We will be happy to provide information about lodging in the area. *Please understand that children under 14 are usually not permitted into the Critical Care Unit due to their lower resistance to infection.
- To enter the unit, use the phone on the wall just outside the double doors to contact the nursing station. As a security measure, you’ll need to call each time you want to enter the unit. The phone number is posted next to the phone.
- For patient safety reasons, food, drinks, and flowers are not allowed in the Critical Care Unit, and cell phone use is not permitted.