The primary goal of The William W. Backus Hospital laboratories is to provide each of our patients with excellent customer service each time they visit one of our facilities.
Our commitment to achieving this goal is exhibited in many different ways:
- Each of our staff undergoes continuous training in order to provide quality customer service to our patients.
- We ask our patients for their feedback so that we can make improvements in areas that our patients tell us we are not meeting their needs.
- We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service at each of our locations (for example, by changing our hours of operation to suit our patient’s needs, or by making physical improvements to our waiting rooms).
- We recognize that there may be times when we fail to meet our patients’ expectations. When this occurs, we commit to our patients that we will do the following:
- We will apologize for our error and not make excuses.
- We will immediately investigate any complaint.
- We will find out what the problem was, speak to the person or persons involved, and correct the problem so that it does not happen again.
- We will speak to the patient to let them know that we have listened to their complaint, and to inform them of the actions we have took to prevent a reoccurrence.
Our Laboratory’s Phlebotomy Service Department provides house call phlebotomy services to patient that are home bound for medical reason and cannot leave their residence except for medical or religious reasons.
To see if a patient qualifies please contact the laboratory’s Client Services Department at (860) 823-6307.
Patients do not require an appointment in order to have laboratory testing performed.
Patients can go to any of our Patient Service Centers during normal office hours.
Semen Analysis: Call the Client Services Department at (860) 823-6307 to schedule testing. Specimens must be dropped off Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 11:00am. You will be given instructions on where to bring the specimen when you call Client Services.
Follow the instructions from your physician regarding specimen collection and specimen transportation requirements
- You will be asked to verify your identity in order to protect your privacy.
- Your laboratory results will be mailed to you at the address that you indicate.
- Test results will not be communicated to you over the phone.
If you wish to obtain laboratory test results for testing that was performed by the William W. Backus Hospital Laboratories, please contact your physician.
If you wish to receive test results directly, please call the Client Services Department at (860) 823-6307.
The following is a list of plans that Backus Hospital has contracts with. Patients are responsible for assuring that our services are covered under their insurance: